CHEMGUARD C3B 3% AFFF (Aqueous Film-Forming Foam) Concentrate combines fluoro- and hydrocarbon-surfactant technologies to provide superior fire and vapor suppression for Class B hydrocarbon fuel fires. This synthetic foam concentrate is intended for firefighting applications at 3% solution in fresh, salt, or hard water.
CHEMGUARD C3B foam solution utilizes three suppression mechanisms intended for rapid fire knockdown and superior burnback resistance:
- The foam blanket blocks oxygen supply to the fuel.
- Liquid drains from the foam blanket and forms an aqueous film that suppresses fuel vapor and seals the fuel surface.
- The water content of the foam solution produces a cooling effect for additional fire suppression.
|TYPICAL PHYSIOCHEMICAL PROPERTIES
AT 77 °F (25 °C)
|Appearance||Pale yellow liquid|
|Density||1.01 ± 0.02 g/ml|
|pH||7.0 – 8.5|
|Refractive Index||1.3480 minimum|
|Viscosity*||2 ± 1 cSt at 77° (25°C)|
|Viscosity*||3 ± 1 cSt at 35°F (2°C)|
|Spreading Coefficient||3 dynes/cm minimum at 3% dilution|
|Pour Point||29°F (-2°C)|
|Freeze Point||25°F (-4°C)|
CHEMGUARD C3B 3% AFFF Concentrate is intended for use on Class B hydrocarbon fuel fires with low water solubility, such as crude oils, gasolines, diesel fuels, and aviation fuels. It is not suitable for use on polar fuels with appreciable water solubility, such as methyl and ethyl alcohol, acetone, and methyl ethyl ketone.
The concentrate also has excellent wetting properties that can effectively combat Class A fires. It may also be used in conjunction with dry chemical agents to provide even greater fire suppression performance.
CHEMGUARD C3B Concentrate can be ideal for fixed, semifixed, and emergency response firefighting applications such as:
- Fuel or chemical storage tanks
- Industrial chemical and petroleum processing facilities
- Truck/rail loading and unloading facilities
- Flammable liquid containment areas
- Aircraft hangars
- Mobile equipment