Carbon Shield is a flame resistant fabric breakthrough based on carbon fiber technology. Considered the ultimate high-tech fabric for thermal protection and comfort. During the torch test, after about 5 seconds, traditional FR fabrics combust, severely shrinking and charring. Carbon Shield remains dimensionally stable even after 90 seconds, giving you the extra time you need to get out safely.
- X-Long length covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Flat-stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening.
- Cover stitched bound drape
- Double-ply hood throughout
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
FINISHED HOOD | BALACLAVA MEASUREMENTS:
- Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6" to 5.6" in diameter.
- Length of hood below face opening approx. 12".
- Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 17".
- Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 19½".
- Length of hood at front top to bottom approx. 20".
MEETS OR EXCEEDS INDUSTRY STANDARDS:
- UL classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971-Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E-Current Edition and meets performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. ARC Rating: 23.3 – Hazard / Risk Category: 2
- Meets CE Requirements Meets or exceeds Draft European Standard prEN 13911 (Classic, Ultimate and Elite Styles).