Chemguard XTRA High Expansion Foam Concentrate is a synthetic based foaming agent suitable for use with either low, medium or high expansion foam generating equipment. It is generally proportioned at a 2% concentration (2 parts XTRA to 98 parts of water). When used through a high expansion or medium expansion generating discharge device the following extinguishing mechanism takes place:
- The large volume of foam engulfs the area being protected and prevents air from reaching the fire.
- As the foam is generated with water, and comes in contact with the fire, a large amount of steam is generated which helps reduce the oxygen content in the atmosphere.
- The water content in the foam produces a valuable cooling effect on the fire. This is particularly so with medium expansion generated foam, which has higher water content.
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class “A” fuel type fires
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render the product completely serviceable again
- Can be used with foam compatible dry chemical agents
- Suitable with high/medium foam generators
- Fixed or portable in-line eductors
- In-line balanced pressure and pump pressure proportioning skid
- Bladder tank balanced pressure proportioning system
When Chemguard XTRA High is mixed with water in the correct proportion, expansion ratios of up to 1,000 to 1 can be achieved. This expansion ratio is dependent on the type of discharge device and pressure of the system when operating.