Superior balance and stability…at an attractive price.Legacy 5™ balances the vital factors of safety, comfort, and cost. The modern styling of the helmet offers lighter weight, lower profile, and smoother angles than traditional-style helmets. It not only looks good, it gets you through tighter spaces more easily. Its tough fiberglass shell offers excellent impact protection and thermal resistance. And because the color is molded through the material, it's ultra-durable.
- Modern, lower-profile design with smooth angles for easier passage through tight spaces
- Tough fiberglass shell offers excellent impact protection
- Multi-layered impact cap for outstanding thermal resistance
- Three-way adjustability for a customized fit, and maximum comfort
- ESS Innerzone 2 Goggles
- Certified to meet NFPA 1971, 2007 Edition for Structural Firefighting
Customized fit for optimum comfort. Paul Conway Fire Helmets™ are engineered from a fire fighter’s perspective. Each helmet combines the time-honored traditions of the fire service with the latest technical advancements in materials, design, and manufacturing.
And the Legacy 5 does more than simply adjust to fit your head size. It does that with ease, but its advanced suspension system is also adjustable for optimum ride height, and even the precise placement of the helmet’s center of gravity. With a little tuning, your Legacy 5 will fit you like it was custom made.
The result is a helmet that’s light, exceptionally comfortable, and looks great…yet provides optimum heat and impact resistance. With a Legacy 5 you can always hold your head up high.
- 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material (1" x 4" lime-yellow bars); Has excellent heat resistance and maintains brightness and color after heat exposure.
- Shell: State of the art fiberglass materials for light weight and structural integrity. RTM technology provides color pigmentation throughout the shell
- Edge binding: Aluminum core edge binding is durable, but light.
- Impact cap: Lexan®/ABS dome encapsulated with urethane foam for outstanding thermal resistance.
- Ear covers: Yellow Nomex®/flannel ear covers for added neck/ear protections.
- Suspension: Patented Center of Gravity™ adjustment system lets you set the cente rof gravity to your liking and keeps it positioned in place
- Height adjusters: Provide three different headband height positions.
- Ratcheting headband: Adjusts from side 5½ to 9½. Headband is cushioned with foam and covered with black knit Nomex® for comfort and secure fit. Extra large/small ratchet suspensions are also available as replacement parts.
- Chinstrap: Easy to adjust, quick release chinstrap with postman's slide.
- Eye protection: High temperature 4" APEC faceshield with spring loaded Safety-Set® brackets or thumbwheel adjustments
Fit and Adjustment Guide
How to Fit and Adjust Lion Helmets:
Fire helmets are essential to firefighter safety. Improper fit, whether too loose or too tight, can cause fatigue, discomfort and even serious injury. Lion Helmets’ 9 point adjustment system provides optimum comfort and a customized fit.
Straight out of the box, Lion Helmets will fit most fire fighters with a simple ratchet adjustment (accommodates sizes 5.5 to 9.5). Lion's patented Center of Gravity™ adjustment system allows firefighters to adjust the Center of Gravity™ to their preferred balance and keeps it there.
Lion understands that you can't be at every department at all times, therefore they have developed a fit and adjustment video so firefighters can make the proper adjustments to their helmets. Check out the video below, taking fire fighters step-by-step through the process of adjusting the height and headband circumference of Paul Conway Helmets™.
- 4" Faceshield with metal adjustments
- 4" Faceshield with plastic adjustments
- 4" Faceshield with Spring-Loaded Safety Set Brackets
- Goggles and Faceshield